When asked why people don’t travel, the main answer I hear is “money.” Yes, you need money for almost anything these days, but there are many ways you can travel around the world with no money. I will cover some of those ways below. Check out more impressive keynote leadership speakers thoughts and expressions throughout Minnesota.
- Find a job working overseas: many people overlook this option because they believe it is too hard to find a job working overseas. This simply isn’t true, though. No, you won’t make a ton of money working overseas, but the experience of being in another destination may be just what you need! Some jobs to consider include being an au pair, work on a cruise ship, teach English in a foreign country, and more.
- Try Wwoofing: Wwoofing stands for Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms. Being a Wwoofer, you learn hands-on about organic farming while being provided with room and board. Don’t worry, though, they only work you for a half day at most to earn your keep.
- Become a Couchsurfer: Couchsurfing allows you the opportunity to stay with locals around the globe who have opened up their homes to travelers. It’s a great way to learn more about the local community you are staying in while making new friends around the world.
- Hitchhike: hitchhiking is more prevalent in countries outside of the United States, where it has a bad rap. It takes some common sense to stay safe while hitchhiking, but it’s a great way to see the world for cheap.
- Become a housesitter: yes, that will require some work, but can be very worth it! Imagine staying in a nice, luxurious home for the cost of feeding the pets and bringing in the mail daily. Not a bad deal, right? Of course, you will need to keep in mind how long you will be needed and plan accordingly.
As you can see, there are several options available to anyone looking to travel with no money. So, what are you waiting for?