|Lucy Wright Park
Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii
|Anahola Beach Park
Anahola, Kauai, Hawaii
|Salt Pond Park
Hanapepe, Kauai, Hawaii
|Anini Beach Park
Kilauea, Kauai, Hawaii
|Hanamaulu Beach Park
Hanamaulu, Kauai, Hawaii
|Hanalei Beach Park
Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
|Lydgate Beach Park
|Haena Beach Park
Haena, Kauai, Hawaii
Camping permits are now available at:
Camping Permit Locations
Camping Permits Available - 4 new Locations!
Monday through Friday except for holidays - 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Kalaheo Neighborhood Center
Hanapepe Recreation Center
Kapaa Neighborhood Center
Kilauea Neighborhood Center
The Department of Parks & Recreation provides quality recreational and leisure time experiences for residents and visitors of the County of Kauai.
Camping Permits are issued for the following County beach parks:
- Haena Park (closed every Monday from 10 am to 12 noon on Tuesday for maintenance)
- Hanalei Blackpot Park (Open Friday & Saturday only, closed Sunday thru Thursday)
- Anini Beach Park (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon on Wednesday for maintenance)
- Anahola Beach Park (closed every Thursday from 10 am to 12 noon on Friday for maintenance)
- Hanamaulu Beach Park (Open Thursday, Friday & Saturdays only & certain school holidays, closed Sunday thru Wednesday)
- Salt Pond Park (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon Wednesday for maintenance)
- Lucy Wright Park (closed every Monday from 10 am to 12 noon Tuesday for maintenance)
Camping permit fees are $3.00 per adult, per night for non-residents and free for residents of the State of Hawaii who can show proof of residency. Children under the age of 18 years are also free and must camp with at least one adult 18 years of age or older.
Contact The County of Kauai
Department of Parks & Recreation
Parks Permit Section
• (808) 241-4463
Fax: (808) 241-4497
Office Hours 8:15 am to 4:00 pm Hawaiian Standard Time, Monday thru Friday
Closed Saturday, Sunday and all Holidays
Camping permit form and waiver that you may print and mail in.
- U.S. Citizens
- Click here for applicants waiver of claim and indemnity agreement for use of County Camp Grounds
- Click here for Instructions for camping permits
- Click here for Request for Camping Permit form
Kauai State Parks
|Hawaii State Parks
Camping and Lodging
DLNR, Division of State Parks
P.O. Box 621
Honolulu, Hawaii 96809
• (808) 587-0300
Information below obtained from the official Hawaii State Park website
The maximum length of stay at any one park is 5 consecutive nights.
Camping fees for Hawaii State Parks are $5.00 per campsite per night, with the exception of Na Pali Coast State Park, Kaua‘i. The fee for camping in Na Pali Coast State Park, which has camping areas at Hanakoa, Kalalau and Milolii, is $10.00 per person per night.
|Permit Application - HERE (pdf)
||Camping & Lodging Permits & Fees: - HERE
Kokee State Park
The Lodge at Kokee offers cabins, dormitories or newer units with separate bedrooms; all sleep six and include cooking utensils, bedding, and linens. The newer units have wood floors and cedar walls. Enjoy the peace -- there are no phones or televisions. The lodge has a cocktail lounge, restaurant, and gift shop.
Reservations and inquiries should be made directly to the Concessionaire:
THE LODGE AT KOKEE
P.O. Box 367
Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii 96796
• (808) 335-6061
Camping is offered at three Kauai parks. Kokee State Park in the uplands above Waimea Canyon, and Polihale State Park, boasting a long white sand beach on the island’s west side, each offer car camping opportunities with minimally developed campsites.
Rates: $5.00 per night per campsite.
Na Pali Coast State Wilderness Park offers backcountry camping to experienced backpackers and hikers along a stunning rugged coastline. Due to the high demand for Na Pali Coast camping permits, special rules and fees apply.
Rates: $10.00 per person per night.
Kauai Private Campgrounds
Click below for a full directory of Kauai Information: